Dear friends, the S’pore NDP 2022 celebrates our 57th National Day. And what an occasion to celebrate the receding pandemic. The weekly rehearsals are the best way to grab some pictures leading to the actual day. You can never get all the shots by just shooting once on the actual day. The following are some tips which you might find helpful –
The NDP 2022 rehearsal dates and timing from this week onwards –
9 July 2022 NE1
16 July 2022 NE2
23 July 2022 – Preview 1
30 July 2022 – Preview 2
Display timing – estimated (based on rehearsal #3)
– Red Lions – 1756 hrs
– Total defence segment on Floating Platform and the Bay, including Chinook, Naval Divers, F16s Double Shackle, F16s encircling Marina Bay, Apaches- 1814hrs
– Movement of 21 Guns Salute contingent to the Bay – 1850hrs
– National Flagpast – 1847hrs
– F16s Salute to the Nation Bomb Burst – 1850hrs
– Presidential 21 Guns Salute – 1850hrs
– Fireworks @ Floating Platform (stage) – 2015hrs onwards.
Ideal locations –
Marina Bay, MBS Skydeck, Jubilee Bridge, Esplanade Walk (each location offers its unique perspective. Do take note of the area being cordoned off when at the location.
Camera and lenses –
DSLR, FF / APSC, Mirrorless, M4/3, Medium Format. Focal length from 8mm – 1200mm. Depends on what you have and want to shoot. A handphone camera is great for selfies and wefies.
For official NDP updates – Please refer to – https://www.ndp.gov.sg/resources/infographic/
Have a great NDP pixels experience. Stay safe, keep shooting & most of all – EnJoY!
Pictures shot during the S’pore NDP 2022 rehearsal
Many sincere thanks for coming along with my article on the S’pore NDP 2022. For overseas travel inspiration, you might like to check out my curated travelogues here.
Footnote: All pictures used are all rights reserved and copyrighted to Jensen Chua Photography. The opinion expressed is factual, objective, and that of the author.